This page shows all our alerts. These are Safety alerts, Medicine shortage alerts and Product recalls. You can sort the list with the filters on the left, use the search bar or both.
For more information see Product safety.
You can narrow down the results using the filters
- Alert/Advisory (1071)
- Medicines safety (466)
- Medical devices safety (326)
- Medicines (56)
- Shortages (34)
- Safety (13)
- Prescription medicines (10)
- Blood safety (8)
- Medical devices (8)
- Unapproved therapeutic goods (5)
- Listed medicines (4)
- Advertising (2)
- Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG) (2)
- Import and export (2)
- Legislation (2)
- Over the counter medicine (2)
- Regulatory compliance (2)
- Biologicals (1)
- Breast implant hub (1)
- Clinical trials (1)
- Complementary medicines (1)
- Labelling and packaging (1)
- Non-prescription medicines (1)
- Therapeutic goods regulation (1)
1222 result(s) found, displaying 26 to 50
- Safety alertsBreast implants and anaplastic large cell lymphomaUpdate - Suspended breast implant devices now cancelled
- Product recallsHeartStart Automated External Defibrillators (AED) - UpdatePhilips has advised that corrected pads will be shipped in early 2023 to customers affected by the problem.
- Medicine shortage alertsNationwide shortage of certain antibiotics - updateThe shortages list of antibiotics has been updated.
- Medicine shortage alertsJoint statement: Prioritisation of semaglutide (Ozempic) supply for people with type 2 diabetes during shortageJoint statement on the Ozempic (semaglutide) shortage and prioritisation for people with type 2 diabetes.
- Medicine shortage alertsLimited dispensing and supply of medicinesA reminder for health professionals and consumers on safe and equitable dispensing and supply
- Product recallsForearm Crutch - tall and adult sizesRecall of API Forearm crutches - tall and adult sizes
- Safety alertsUpdated information for repaired Philips Respironics Trilogy 100 devicesPhilips Respironics (the manufacturer) detected two problems with corrected Trilogy 100 ventilators
- Safety alertsNexGen Stemmed Option Tibial Component used in knee implantsZimmer Biomet, in consultation with the TGA, is issuing an Implant Hazard Alert for the NexGen Stemmed Cemented Option Tibial Component.
- Medicine shortage alertsSubstitution allowed to address shortage of cefalexinTo assist with timely access for patients using cefalexin, the TGA has made a Serious Scarcity Substitution Instrument (SSSI).
- Medicine shortage alertsSubstitution instrument to address shortage of Imdur Durules and Monodur Durules isosorbide mononitrate extended to 30 June 2023The SSSI for isosorbide mononitrate 120mg modified release tablets is extended to 30 June 2023.
- Safety alertsCompatibility of tubing connectors and medical gas sourcesSafety advisory - Compatibility of tubing connectors and medical gas sources
- Safety alertsQuinapril blood pressure medicinesSafety advisory - contamination of quinapril medicines with low levels of nitrosamine impurity
- Safety alertsInfections associated with heater-cooler devicesStatement on the post-market review of heater-coolers including updated table of heater-coolers.
- Medicine shortage alertsSubstitution allowed to address shortage of amoxicillinTo assist with timely access for patients using amoxicillin, the TGA has made a Serious Scarcity Substitution Instrument (SSSI).
- Product recallsAspire Superlite Adjustable Seat WalkerAidacare Pty Ltd - Aspire Superlite Adjustable Seat Walker - Consumer Level Product Defect Correction - Securing nut incorrectly assembled
- Safety alertsCPAP and BiPAP face and nasal masks that contain magnetsSafety alert relating to CPAP and BiPAP face and nasal masks that contain magnets which may cause active implantable devices to malfunction
- Safety alertsCurrent status of breast implant products in AustraliaThe list of current ARTG entries for breast implants has been updated
- Product recallsVicks VapoRub Xtra Strong 100gRecall of one batch of Vicks VapoRub Xtra Strong 100g (AUST L 372739) which has been incorrectly labelled as Vicks Vaporub ointment
- Safety alertsSanjin Watermelon Frost InsufflationProduct Defect Alert - Unclear instructions may result in overdose of boron
- Medicine shortage alertsSubstitution instrument to address shortage of abatacept (Orencia)Extension of SSSI for abatacept (Orencia)
- Product recallsOmnipod DASH Personal Diabetes Manager (PDM)Insulet Australia Pty Ltd has received reports of problems with the Omnipod DASH Personal Diabetes Manager (PDM). These include battery swelling, fluid leaking from the battery and in rare cases, extreme overheating which may pose a fire hazard.
- Product recallsPhilips recall action for CPAP, Bi-Level PAP devices and mechanical ventilators - Update on Trilogy 100 VentilatorsUpdate on Trilogy 100 Ventilators
- Safety alertsHealth supplements containing vitamin B6 can cause peripheral neuropathyBEWARE - Health supplements containing vitamin B6 can cause peripheral neuropathy