You are here
This page shows all our alerts. These are Safety alerts, Medicine shortage alerts and Product recalls. You can sort the list with the filters on the left, use the search bar or both.
For more information see Product safety.
You can narrow down the results using the filters.
- Safety alertsRead updated information on nitrosamine impurities, the TGA response and requirements for medicine sponsors and manufacturers.
- Product recallsFind out about a software problem with the SmartDrive MX2+ App, for the PushTracker E2 and E3 wearable watches, causing safety issues for operating manual wheelchairs.
- Medicine shortage alertsRead advice about not prescribing Ozempic to new patients unless there are no suitable alternatives or there is a compelling clinical reason.
- Medicine shortage alertsTo help manage the shortage of the tablet form of vigabatrin (Sabril), we have made a Serious Scarcity Substitution Instrument that allows a pharmacist to provide the oral sachets.
- Product recallsFelton Grimwade & Bosisto’s Pty Ltd is recalling some batches of the Euky Bear Warm Steam Vaporiser - Humidifier because the enclosed heating element can overheat.
- Product recallsBe alert to an issue affecting all units of the Scandinavian Total Ankle Replacement (STAR) Ankle Prosthesis supplied in the Australian market.
- Medicine shortage alertsThe TGA is aware of a shortage of all hydrocortisone tablet strengths due to manufacturing issues. We are working with the supplier Alphapharm Pty Ltd to manage the impact.
- Safety alertsThe TGA has received reports of liver problems experienced by consumers taking medicines containing turmeric or curcumin.
- Product recallsMentholatum Australasia Pty Ltd is recalling two batches of Natural Instinct Kids SPF50+ Clean Sunscreen 200mL topical cream and 50mL rollerball products after receiving reports that the sunscreen fluid is splitting into layers.
- Medicine shortage alertsWe have been notified of a current shortage of Ryzodeg 70/30 FlexTouch insulin prefilled pen, until 5 June 2024.
- Medicine shortage alertsThe supply of Ozempic (semaglutide) in Australia is improving however the shortage continues. Stay updated about how the shortage impacts you.
- Medicine shortage alertsWe have updated the information about these shortages with new details about affected products and a link to an additional resource for health professionals.