This page shows all our alerts. These are Safety alerts, Medicine shortage alerts and Product recalls. You can sort the list with the filters on the left, use the search bar or both.
For more information see Product safety.
You can narrow down the results using the filters
- Alert/Advisory (1066)
- Medicines safety (465)
- Medical devices safety (326)
- Medicines (56)
- Shortages (34)
- Safety (13)
- Prescription medicines (10)
- Blood safety (8)
- Medical devices (8)
- Unapproved therapeutic goods (5)
- Listed medicines (4)
- Advertising (2)
- Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG) (2)
- Import and export (2)
- Legislation (2)
- Over the counter medicine (2)
- Regulatory compliance (2)
- Biologicals (1)
- Breast implant hub (1)
- Clinical trials (1)
- Complementary medicines (1)
- Labelling and packaging (1)
- Non-prescription medicines (1)
- Therapeutic goods regulation (1)
1217 result(s) found, displaying 51 to 75
- Safety alertsBreast implants: Report of squamous cell carcinoma and various lymphomas in scar tissue around breast implantsOn 8 September 2022, the US Food and Drug Administration issued a safety communication about reports of squamous cell carcinoma and various lymphomas located in the capsule or scar tissue around breast implants.
- Product recallsPhilips recall action for CPAP, Bi-Level PAP devices and mechanical ventilatorsThis page contains the original recall in June 2021 and progress updates to mid-2022.
- Safety alertsSafety Advisory: Penisole capsules (ayurvedic medicine)The TGA received advice about high levels of lead and other heavy metals in the Ayervedic medicine named Penisole.
- Product recallsTRIKAFTA film-coated tablets blister packTRIKAFTA tablets may be incorrectly located in their pack (wallets).
- Medicine shortage alertsJoint statement: Shortage of tenecteplase (Metalyse)Recommendations for clinicians to implement conservation methods
- Safety alertsQuinaprilThe TGA is investigating potential contamination of quinapril medicines with low levels of nitrosamine impurity
- Medicine shortage alertsShortage of iodinated contrast media (contrast) diagnostic agentsStatement update
- Safety alertsHome use fetal dopplers (heartbeat monitor)The TGA has become aware of instances where patients have become falsely reassured by the home use fetal dopplers and delayed medical attention.
- Product recallsLucas' Papaw OintmentMicrobial contamination in several batches of Lucas' Papaw Ointment
- Product recallsMedtronic MiniMed 600 and 700 series Insulin PumpsMiniMed 600 and 700 series Insulin Pumps - Medtronic - Loss of power due to cracked or damaged battery cap.
- Medicine shortage alertsShortage of abatacept (Orencia) medicines: ResolvedBristol-Myers Squibb Australia Pty Ltd (BMS), have announced that the shortage of abatacept (Orencia) subcutaneous (SC) presentations has been resolved.
- Safety alertsMedtronic Implantable DefibrillatorsMedtronic Cobalt and Crome ICDs and CRT-Ds - software update required
- Safety alertsHERO Instant Energy for Males capsulesHERO Instant Energy for Male products pose a serious risk to your health and should not be taken
- Product recallst:slim X2 Insulin PumpProduct Defect Correction - Software errors affecting battery life and insulin delivery
- Product recallsSwisse Beauty Collagen Glow GummiesSwisse Beauty Collagen Glow Gummies - Recall due to potential mould
- Product recallsMultiple Sunscreens Recall - Low levels of benzene detectedUpdated list of various sunscreens containing Cancer causing chemical Benzene - Recalls due to detection of Benzene.
- ClozapineSafety advisory - constipation: a potentially serious side effect. Information for consumers.
- Product recallsKynd Stress Relief TabletsKYND Stress Relief tablets - Recall due to unexpected number of allergic reactions
- Product recallsHeartStart Automated External Defibrillators (AED)Philips HeartStart AEDs - Product defect correction - gel separation from the foam/tin backing when peeled from the yellow plastic liner
- Safety alerts24K Rhino capsulesRhino 24K products pose a serious risk to your health and should not be taken
- Medicine shortage alertsShortages of tocilizumab (Actemra) medicinesUpdate on shortage of tocilizumab (Actemra) medicines
- Safety alertsTocilizumab (Actemra) shortage: Supply improvingUpdates to supply and patient access for tocilizumab (Actemra) medicines