You are here
Therapeutic Goods Advertising Consultative Committee (TGACC)
This information is intended for stakeholders interested in activities regarding the advertising of therapeutic goods.
Purpose of TGACC
The purpose of the TGACC is to:
- Provide input to policies relating to the administration of the Therapeutic Goods Advertising Code.
- Provide a forum for engagement on emerging issues with respect to therapeutic goods advertising.
- Assist with shaping TGA reporting activities with respect to advertising compliance.
- Provide input on the development of education and compliance priorities to address non-compliance of advertising for particular categories of therapeutic goods.
Meetings and communiques
TGACC meetings are usually held quarterly in Canberra at the TGA. Following each meeting, a communique is published.
The members of the TGACC come from consumer, health professional, industry, media and government bodies:
- Accord Australasia
- Ad Standards
- Association for Data-driven Marketing and Advertising
- Australian Chronic Disease Prevention Alliance
- Australian Competition and Consumer Commission
- Australian Traditional Medicine Society
- Commercial Radio Australia
- The Communications Council
- Complementary Medicines Australia
- Consumer Healthcare Products Australia
- Consumers Health Forum of Australia
- Country Women's Association of Australia
- Direct Selling Australia
- Food Standards Australia New Zealand
- Free TV Australia
- Interactive Advertising Bureau
- Medical Technology Association of Australia
- National Rural Health Alliance
- Pharmacy Guild of Australia
- Pharmaceutical Society of Australia
- The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
Advertising Education and Assurance Section
Regulatory Education and Compliance Branch