You are here
Notice of final decisions to amend (or not amend) the current Poisons Standard, May 2020
Scheduling of chemicals and poisons
3 Final decisions made pursuant to regulation 42ZCZR - proposals referred to the November 2019 Advisory Committee on Chemicals Scheduling (ACCS #26)
New text is shown as .
Deleted text is shown as
red, smaller font, with a strikethrough.
3.5. Final decision in relation to Lambda-cyhalothrin
Pursuant to regulation 42ZCZR of the Regulations, a Delegate of the Secretary has made a final decision to affirm the interim decision and to amend the current Poisons Standard in relation to lambda-cyhalothrin as follows:
LAMBDA-CYHALOTHRIN except when included in Schedule 5 or 6.
- in aqueous preparations containing 25 per cent or less of microencapsulated lambda-cyhalothrin; or
- in emulsifiable granule formulations containing 25 per cent or less lambda-cyhalothrin; or
- in other preparations containing 1.6 per cent or less of lambda-cyhalothrin except when included in Schedule 5.
Schedule 5 - Amend Entry
- in aqueous preparations containing 1 per cent or less of lambda-cyhalothrin; or
- in aqueous preparations containing
2.5per cent or less of microencapsulated lambda-cyhalothrin.
Reasons for the final decision (including findings on material questions of fact)
I confirm the reasons for my final decision to amend the Schedule 5 entry for lambda-cyhalothrin to exclude aqueous preparations containing 10 per cent or less of microencapsulated lambda-cyhalothrin from scheduling are as detailed in my interim decision. In making my final decision, I have taken into account the material detailed in the interim decision and have noted that no public submissions were received before the second closing date in response to the call for further submissions published on 6 February 2020 under regulation 42ZCZP of the Regulations.
Summary of public submissions on the interim decision
No public submissions were received in response to the interim decision.
Date of effect of the decision
1 June 2020