TGA Website Redevelopment 2022
Stay up to date on our website transformation and learn what is new.
Why we have made improvements
Did you know our old website had over 46,000 pages - not surprisingly, many of you told us finding information was difficult.
So, we re-organised and consolidated the content to make it easier for you to use.
On 30 August we launched our new website to deliver improvements to:
- how the website looks and works so it's easier to find and understand the information you need
- navigation and search so you can find what you need faster
- follow Government best practice
- move old website content to be archived on the National Library of Australia web archive - TROVE so it can still be available to you if you need it. The TGA archive will no longer be available. Tips on how to search TROVE and help options are outlined towards the end of this page.
Try our improved search function and let us know what you think. There are feedback forms available on all pages of the website.
And there is more
We will continue to improve the design and content - this will be done in stages. Some of our content was updated prior to the launch of the website, with the rest of the content to be improved over the next 12 months.
Designed for our users
Listening to feedback from hundreds of users has helped us to understand what information you need when you come to our website.
You have several ways to look for information on our new website.
- our main menu - available at the top of every page to browse our entire website
- our side menu - available within content to browse within sections
- tags - available at the bottom of our content pages to browse health topics
Our improved search helps you to:
- find search results that are more relevant
- narrow down your search results using filters.
We have moved from a website that was structured around how TGA works, to one that's structured to make sense to you.
Information is now organised into the following topics:
- Products we regulate - categorises the product types and what we do and don’t do.
- Product safety - includes safety alerts, recalls and how to report problems.
- How we regulate - resources for Industry to understand what they need to do and how.
- Guidance and resources - our databases, guidance, fact sheets and publications are here.
Organising our content in this way will help you to find it more easily. It also helps us remove duplicated information and display content consistently, so you know what to expect.
New content and style
When we re-write more of the website content, we will be applying a consistent government style based on the Australian Government's Style Manual.
This helps us to:
- place the most important information at the top of the page
- use plain English and terminology our users understand
- make sure our information is current, correct and accessible
- provide information in different ways, such as videos and infographics
- use short paragraphs, clear headings and lists so content is easy to read
- make sure we're not repeating content.
Our content archiving and how to use TROVE
You told us you wanted the information on our new website to be current and correct. To reach this goal, we looked at our very old content and removed anything that was no longer relevant, accurate, or current.
Where did the old content go?
Our current website has over 46,000 web pages! Too much to redesign and rewrite in a short time, so we're doing this in stages. Some of our content will be updated for the launch of the new website, but most will be improved over the next 12 months.
Australian government website content is regularly copied to the National Library of Australia’s web archive, TROVE(link is external). A snapshot of the TGA website is taken throughout the year and can be searched for on TROVE. All the content removed from our TGA website can be found on TROVE, and this will become the official archive of our website, as the TGA archive will no longer be available.
How will I find old TGA content on TROVE?
All lists of content, such as publications, articles, and alerts, have links directly to TROVE. This makes it easier for you to access our archived website content.
The steps below will help you search for content that used to be on the TGA website. You can even search as far back as 2003.
- Type 'Therapeutic Goods Administration' into the search bar on the TROVE home (entry) page - refer to example above.
- Select the 'All categories' drop down, then select 'Websites' and then the search icon (green button).
- The search results list will appear - select the top entry and change the date to the most recent snapshot or the year you are looking for.
- The TGA website version will load inside TROVE - now you can view and search for specific topics in the TGA website.
- In the TROVE search box at the top left of the screen, type in the topic you wish to search and select the 'Filter' drop down. Select 'Limit to tga.gov.au'.
Where do I find more information?
If you have tried the new search function and TROVE and still cannot find what you need, reach out to our TGA Info line at email@example.com or 1800 020 653. Further details on how to contact the TGA - Contact the TGA.