Contact the TGA
If you are not sure who to contact, please telephone our Information line on 1800 020 653 or email email@example.com.
About the Information line - 1800 020 653
The Information line is the main contact point for the TGA, providing a dedicated phone line from Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm (AEST excluding public holidays).
Our staff on the information line are the first point of contact for enquirers approaching the TGA, including those with general enquiries and those who are unsure which area they need to speak with.
For details about what service you can expect from TGA information lines and what happens to information you provide to us – refer to the TGA customer service standards page.
To speak with a TGA representative, call 1800 020 653 (freecall within Australia). If you are using a mobile phone that does not allow 1800 line calls, please call 02 6232 8644.
If you are calling from overseas please call +61 2 6232 8644.
National Relay Service
Users with a hearing or speech impairment can call through the National Relay Service:
- TTY or computer with modem users phone 1800 555 677 then ask for 1800 020 653
- Speak and listen (speech-to-speech relay) users phone 1800 555 727 then ask for 1800 020 653
Other information lines
If your enquiry relates to a specific function of the TGA, you may find the alternative contact points listed below helpful in dealing with your particular enquiry.
Due to privacy considerations the TGA does not publish individual staff members' contact details.
- Advertising claims
- Authorised prescribers
- Blood and tissues
- Clinical trials
- Complementary medicines
- eBusiness services
- Manufacturing therapeutic goods
- Media enquiries
- Medical devices or IVDs
- Over-the-counter (OTC) medicines
- Payments or invoices
- Prescription medicines
- Problem reporting
- Recalls of medicines or medical devices
- Scheduling of medicines or poisons
- Special access scheme
- Street address: TGA, 136 Narrabundah Lane, Symonston ACT 2609, Australia
- Postal address: TGA, PO Box 100, Woden ACT 2606, Australia
- 02 6203 1605