We have changed the way to make submissions.
Submissions now should be provided through our consultation hub. Any submission about any of the proposals to amend the Poisons Standard will be considered at the next meeting of the Advisory Committee on Medicines Scheduling (ACMS), meeting of the Advisory Committee on Chemicals Scheduling (ACCS), or a joint meeting of these two committees.
This consultation closes on 27 May 2021.
3 Proposed amendments referred for scheduling advice to the Joint ACMS-ACCS #28
3.3 Sodium nitrite
The Department of Health (the 'Department') recognises that each of the numbers reported represents an individual. The Department acknowledges the devastating effects associated with acts of self-harm on individuals, their families, friends and communities. A list of support services and information sources is provided below.
The information below contains details of self-poisonings some people may find distressing. If you or someone you know is in need of additional support, please contact any of the below crisis support helplines:
Support services and information sources
- Lifeline: 13 11 14
- Suicide Call Back Service: 1300 659 467
- Beyond Blue: 1800 512 348
- MensLine Australia: 1300 789 978
- Kids Helpline (5-25 years): 1800 551 800
- Headspace: 1800 650 890
- Consultation: Proposed amendments to the Poisons Standard (sodium nitrite) - Joint ACMS/ACCS #28, June 2021 (pdf,206kb)
- Consultation: Proposed amendments to the Poisons Standard (sodium nitrite) - Joint ACMS/ACCS #28, June 2021 (docx,98kb)
We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you're having problems using this document, please contact email@example.com (for substances referred to the ACMS or Joint ACCS-ACMS) or firstname.lastname@example.org (for substances referred to the ACCS).
- 3 Proposed amendments referred for scheduling advice to the Joint ACMS-ACCS #28
- 3.3 Sodium nitrite
- Support services and information sources
- Alternative names
- CAS Number
- Current scheduling
- Proposed scheduling
- Key uses / expected use
- Reasons for proposal
- Australian regulations
- International regulations
- 3.3 Sodium nitrite
- 4 How to respond
- 5 What will happen
- 6 Enquiries
- Scheduling submissionsPublic submissions on scheduling of sodium nitrite referred to the Joint ACMS-ACCS #28 meeting held in June 2021Public submissions made in response to the public consultation on proposed amendments to the Poisons Standard - June 2021 Joint ACMS-ACCS meeting