Consultation: Proposed amendments to the Poisons Standard - ACCS, ACMS and joint ACCS/ACMS meetings, March 2022
Opening date: 30 December 2021
Closing date: 31 January 2022
Submissions should be provided through our consultation hub. Any submission about any of the proposals to amend the Poisons Standard will be considered at the next meeting of the Advisory Committee on Medicines Scheduling (ACMS), meeting of the Advisory Committee on Chemicals Scheduling (ACCS), or a joint meeting of these two committees.
Scheduling amendments referred to expert advisory committee
Subdivision 3D.2 of the Therapeutic Goods Regulations 1990 (the Regulations) sets out the procedure to be followed where the Secretary receives an application under section 52EAA of the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989 (the Act) to amend the current Poisons Standard or decides to amend the Poisons Standard on his or her own initiative and decides to refer the proposed amendment to an expert advisory committee. These include, under regulation 42ZCZK, that the Secretary publish (in a manner the Secretary considers appropriate) the proposed amendment to be referred to an expert advisory committee, the committee to which the proposed amendment will be referred, and the date of the committee meeting. The Secretary must also invite public submissions to be made to the expert advisory committee by a date mentioned in the notice as the closing date, allowing at least 20 business days after publication of the notice.
In accordance with regulation 42ZCZK of the Regulations, the Secretary invites public submissions on scheduling proposals referred to the March 2022 meeting of the Advisory Committee on Medicines Scheduling (ACMS #37), Advisory Committee on Chemicals Scheduling (ACCS #33) and Joint Advisory Committee on Medicines and Chemicals Scheduling (Joint ACMS-ACCS #30). Submissions must be received by close of business 31 January 2022.
Corrections to original publication
The public notice originally published on 30 December 2021 erroneously indicated that the application for item 4.2 was received from the APVMA. This was corrected to private applicant on 21 January 2022.
- Consultation: Proposed amendments to the Poisons Standard - ACCS, ACMS and joint ACCS/ACMS meetings, March 2022 (pdf,524kb)
- Consultation: Proposed amendments to the Poisons Standard - ACCS, ACMS and joint ACCS/ACMS meetings, March 2022 (docx,157kb)
We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you're having problems using this document, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (for substances referred to the ACMS or Joint ACCS-ACMS) or email@example.com (for substances referred to the ACCS).
- 1 About this consultation
- 2 Proposed amendment referred for scheduling advice to ACMS #37
- 2.1 Azelastine and fluticasone propionate
- 3 Proposed amendments referred for scheduling advice to Joint ACMS-ACCS #30
- 3.1 Cannabis and tetrahydrocannabinols
- 3.2 Lead
- 3.3 Meloxicam
- 3.4 Lidocaine
- 4 Proposed amendment referred for scheduling advice to the ACCS #33
- 4.1 Flumioxazin (private application)
- 4.2 Flumioxazin (second private application)
- 5 How to respond
- 6 What will happen
All recent TGA consultations can be found at the TGA consultation hub.
- Notice of interim decisions on proposed amendments to the Poisons Standard - ACMS #37 ACCS #33 Joint ACMS-ACCS #30 - March 2022Scheduling decisions (interim)Interim decisions and invitation for further comment. Closing date: 15 September 2022