Consultation: Proposed amendments to the Poisons Standard - ACCS, ACMS and joint ACCS/ACMS meetings, June 2022
Opening date: 29 April 2022
Closing date: 27 May 2022
Submissions should be provided through our consultation hub. Any submission about any of the proposals to amend the Poisons Standard will be considered at the next meeting of the Advisory Committee on Medicines Scheduling (ACMS), meeting of the Advisory Committee on Chemicals Scheduling (ACCS), or a joint meeting of these two committees.
Scheduling amendments referred to expert advisory committee
Subdivision 3D.2 of the Therapeutic Goods Regulations 1990 (the Regulations) sets out the procedure to be followed where the Secretary receives an application under section 52EAA of the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989 (the Act) to amend the current Poisons Standard or decides to amend the Poisons Standard on his or her own initiative and decides to refer the proposed amendment to an expert advisory committee. These include, under regulation 42ZCZK, that the Secretary publish (in a manner the Secretary considers appropriate) the proposed amendment to be referred to an expert advisory committee, the committee to which the proposed amendment will be referred, and the date of the committee meeting. The Secretary must also invite public submissions to be made to the expert advisory committee by a date mentioned in the notice as the closing date, allowing at least 20 business days after publication of the notice.
In accordance with regulation 42ZCZK of the Regulations, the Secretary invites public submissions on scheduling proposals referred to the June 2022 meeting of the Advisory Committee on Medicines Scheduling (ACMS #38), Advisory Committee on Chemicals Scheduling (ACCS #34) and Joint Advisory Committee on Medicines and Chemicals Scheduling (Joint ACMS-ACCS #31). Submissions must be received by close of business 27 May 2022.
- Consultation: Proposed amendments to the Poisons Standard - ACCS, ACMS and joint ACCS/ACMS meetings, June 2022 (pdf,798kb)
- Consultation: Proposed amendments to the Poisons Standard - ACCS, ACMS and joint ACCS/ACMS meetings, June 2022 (docx,168kb)
We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you're having problems using this document, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 About this consultation
- 2 Proposed amendment referred for scheduling advice to ACMS #38
- 2.1 Cetirizine
- 2.2 Budesonide
- 2.3 N,α-Dimethyl-3,4-(methylenedioxy)phenylethylamine (MDMA)
- 2.4 Psilocybine
- 2.5 Apronal (allylisopropylacetylurea)
- 3 Proposed amendments referred for scheduling advice to Joint ACMS-ACCS #31
- 3.1 Helional
- 3.2 Hydroxypinacolone retinoate
- 3.3 N,α-Dimethyl-3,4-(methylenedioxy)phenylethylamine (MDMA) and 3,4-methylenedioxyamfetamine (MDA)
- 4 Proposed amendment referred for scheduling advice to the ACCS #34
- 4.1 Dichloromethane
- 4.2 Ipflufenoquin
- 5 How to respond
- 6 What will happen
All recent TGA consultations can be found at the TGA consultation hub.
- Public submissions on scheduling matters referred to the ACMS #38, ACCS #34 and Joint ACCS-ACMS #31 meetings held in June 2022Scheduling submissionsPublic submissions made in response to the public consultation on proposed amendments to the Poisons Standard - June 2022 ACMS/ACCS meetings