You are here
Half yearly performance snapshot: July to December 2020
The TGA prepares an annual TGA Business Plan, which identifies the priority activities being undertaken over the financial year and is available on the TGA website. This Half Yearly Performance Snapshot provides statistical information for the period 1 July 2020 to 31 December 2020 in relation to our regulation of therapeutic goods, tracking our progress against some of the priorities we have identified for the year. This data will be incorporated into our Annual Performance Statistics Report for the 2020-21 financial year, to be published on the TGA website in the second half of 2021.
As part of our annual Business Plan we continue to implement the Australian Government response to the COVID-19 Pandemic. TGA plays a critical role as the regulator of medicines and medical devices, and blood, cell and tissue products. The emergence of this major health pandemic has influenced our future priorities.
- About the Therapeutic Goods Administration
- Performance highlights
- Impacts of COVID-19
- Reforms and updates
- Processing and approval times
- Prescription medicines
- Over-the-Counter medicines
- Complementary medicines
- Biologicals and blood components
- Medical devices
- Listed Other Therapeutic Goods (Disinfectants)
- Access to unapproved therapeutic goods
- Licensing and manufacturing
- Laboratory testing
- Medicine and vaccine adverse event reporting
- Medical device incident reports
- Regulatory compliance
- Pharmacovigilance Inspection Program
- Reporting of medicine shortages
We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you are having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.