You are here
COVID-19 vaccine safety monitoring plan
The aim of the COVID-19 Vaccine Safety Monitoring Plan is to strengthen the existing vaccine vigilance system for early detection and investigation of suspected side effects (also known as adverse events) following COVID-19 immunisation. This will enable the TGA to manage any emerging safety issues and help maintain public confidence in the immunisation program.
The key objectives of the COVID-19 Vaccine Safety Monitoring Plan are:
- timely collection and management of reports of COVID-19 vaccine adverse events following immunisation
- timely detection and investigation of COVID-19 vaccine safety signals
- timely action to address any COVID-19 vaccine safety concerns
- timely communications to inform the public of emerging COVID-19 vaccine safety information and to support public confidence in vaccines
- close collaboration and coordination of effort with other vaccine safety stakeholder groups.
We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you are having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.