You are here
Authorised Prescriber Scheme
This guidance is for medical practitioners, Human Research Ethics Committees (HRECs), specialist colleges and sponsors of ‘unapproved’ therapeutic goods and provides information about the:
- Authorised Prescriber scheme
- roles and responsibilities of HRECs, specialist colleges, Authorised Prescribers, sponsors and TGA in relation to the Authorised Prescriber scheme
- legal basis for supply of ‘unapproved’ therapeutic goods
This guidance also provides details about relevant amendments to the Therapeutic Goods Regulations 1990 to streamline the application process for medicines considered to have an established history of use.
- About this guidance
- How to become an Authorised Prescriber
- Information for medical practitioners
- Information for HRECs and specialist colleges
- Information for sponsors
- Legal basis of the scheme
We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you are having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.