Medicinal cannabis hub
Information about access pathways for medicinal cannabis products.
The medicinal cannabis hub brings together information on the regulation of medicinal cannabis in Australia along with guidance material and information resources for consumers, health professionals, sponsors, and manufacturers.
While the TGA regulates the access, most medicinal cannabis products are considered to be unapproved medicines. Unapproved medicines have not been assessed by the TGA for safety, quality or effectiveness.
However, where clinically appropriate, there are pathways for registered health care professionals to access medicinal cannabis products for their patients.
- Applications and reporting
- Medicinal cannabis products by active ingredients
- Resources, clinical trials and clinical evidence
- Presentation: TGO93 testing and regulation of medicinal cannabis
Frequently asked questions
- Access to medicinal cannabis products
- Accessing medicinal cannabis for a patient
- Importation, manufacture and supply of unapproved medicinal cannabis products
- Medicinal cannabis Special Access Scheme Category A data
- Medicinal cannabis Special Access Scheme Category B data
- Webinar presentation: Medicinal cannabis - Changes to Special Access Scheme (SAS) and Authorised Prescriber applications, 22 November 2021
- Webinar presentation: Medicinal cannabis - Changes to sponsor requirements for supplying unapproved medicinal cannabis products in Australia, 22 November 2021
- Webinar presentation: Medicinal cannabis - Changes to Special Access Scheme (SAS) and Authorised Prescriber applications, 23 November 2021
- Webinar: Medicinal cannabis reforms
- The TGA has issued infringement notices for the alleged unlawful advertising of medicinal cannabis products on their websites and social media platforms.
- West Australian health practitioner fined $13,320 for alleged unlawful advertising of medicinal cannabisThe TGA has issued infringement notices for the alleged unlawful advertising of medicinal cannabis products on a website and through social media.
- Fines totalling $972,360 given to three medicinal cannabis companies for alleged unlawful advertising
- Public notice of the delegate's final decision to amend the Poisons Standard in relation to cannabidiol (private application and delegate initiated) - Joint ACMS-ACCS #25 and #26 (June and November 2020).