You are here
Changing the sponsor of therapeutic goods
Version 4.0, October 2020
Change of sponsor name
You also need to tell us where you as a sponsor (whether an individual or a company):
- change your name, or
- if a company, you amalgamate with another company (and as a result change your name).
This does not result in a change of sponsor, but it does require us to update any relevant ARTG entries to ensure they remain accurate.
This is done within our secure online business portal, TBS. If you have TBS access, you can make changes to the client name using your user account details.
If you do not have TBS access, either:
- apply for access by following the instructions at TGA Business services: getting started with the TGA
- contact us on 1800 010 624 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Changing sponsor details in the Product Information and labels
When there is a change in sponsor name and details, you must also apply to change the details in the Product Information (PI) and labels.
For more information refer to Changing sponsor details in Product Information (PI) and labels of prescription medicines.
If the ABN or ACN is also changing
If changing the business name involves changing the Australian Business Number (ABN) or Australian Company Number (ACN), this constitutes forming a new business entity and therefore a change of sponsorship.
This is considered to be a transfer of business, and therefore needs to follow the process for a Change in business ownership.
The Therapeutic Goods Regulations 1990 provides the basis for change of name:
- Listed and registered therapeutic goods - regulation 10AC (change of name)
- Medical devices - regulation 10FA (change of name)
- Biologicals - regulation 10HA (change of name).