Joint ACMS-ACCS meetings
Meetings, outcomes and consultations relating to joint committee meetings of the Advisory Committee on Medicines Scheduling (ACMS) and the Advisory Committee on Chemicals Scheduling (ACCS).
Joint meetings of these scheduling committees are held several times a year. The committees are:
- Advisory Committee on Medicines Scheduling (ACMS)
- Advisory Committee on Chemicals Scheduling (ACCS).
The purpose of the joint meetings are to consider matters that are of interest to both the ACMS and the ACCS, including any proposals that relate to substances that may have a human therapeutic use (including as an excipient) as well as a non-human therapeutic use.
Details outlining the procedures for joint meetings are in Division 3C of Part 6 of the Therapeutic Goods Regulations 1990. A recommendation arising from a joint meeting is a recommendation to the Secretary from each advisory committee.
To find out more about the joint committee meetings:
- read our scheduling committee meeting dates and decisions timeframes
- search 'joint meetings' on our Events page.
Interim and final scheduling decisions are available at our Publication hub.
Sodium nitrite, nitrous dioxide, nicotine and cannabidiol
For the final scheduling decisions relating to these substances go to:
- Notice of final decision to amend (or not amend) the current Poisons Standard in relation to sodium nitrite.
- Scheduling decisions (final)Notification of amendments to the Poisons Standard in relation to final decision in relation to lead, joint ACMS-ACCS #34
- Notice of final decision to amend (or not amend) the current Poisons Standard - ACMS #41, ACCS #36, Joint ACMS-ACCS #33Scheduling decisions (final)Public notice of final decision to amend (or not amend) the current Poisons Standard - ACMS #41, ACCS #36, Joint ACMS-ACCS #33
- Public submissions on interim decisions for scheduling matters referred to the ACMS #41, ACCS #36 and Joint ACMS-ACCS #33 meetings held in March 2023Scheduling submissionsFind out about public submissions on interim decisions for scheduling matters referred to Advisory Committees meetings, held in March 2023
- Consultation: Proposed amendments to the Poisons Standard – ACMS, ACCS and Joint ACMS-ACCS meetings, November 2023Closed onConsultationHave your say on proposed amendments to the Poisons Standard, to be considered at advisory committees in November 2023.
- Public consultation on interim decisions to amend the Poisons Standard - ACMS #40 NOVEMBER 2022 (paracetamol)Closed onConsultationThis consultation is for the interim decision in relation to paracetamol which was discussed at the November 2022 meeting of the Advisory Committee on Medicines Scheduling (ACMS).