Social media acceptable use policy
We welcome comments on our social media pages and ask that you show courtesy and respect to others. Please do not use our platform to abuse others, expose others to offensive or inappropriate content, or for unlawful purposes.
When you post on our channels, please make sure that you:
- do protect your personal privacy and that of others by not including personal information of either yourself or of others in your posts to the page (for example, names, email addresses, private addresses or phone numbers)
- do represent your own views and not impersonate or falsely represent any other person or falsely state or misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity
- do not bully, abuse, harass, stalk or threaten others
- do not post or upload content that is discriminatory
- do not make misleading, deceptive, false, factually inaccurate, defamatory or libellous comments
- do not use insulting, provocative or hateful language
- do not use obscene or offensive language that is directed at another user
- do not post material to the page that infringes the intellectual property rights of others
- do not include email, internet addresses or links to websites in your posts
- do not make unproven or unsupported accusations against individuals or organisations
- do not post multiple versions of the same view to the page or make excessive postings on a particular issue
- do not promote commercial interests in your posts to the page
- do not advertise or offer to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose
- do not post overtly party political comments
- do not post content that may or would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability, or that otherwise violates any local, provincial, national or international law or regulation anywhere in the world (or encourage others to do so)
- do not incite hatred on the basis of any personal characteristic, including on the basis of race, gender, marital or domestic status, disability, sexuality or age
- do not identify matters that are currently the subject of legal proceedings or would break a court’s non-publication order
- do not make comments that are irrelevant to the topic being discussed.
We reserve the right to ignore, block or delete a post or user if there has been a breach of our Acceptable Use Policy.
If you believe a comment has been made in bad faith or with malicious intent about your business, please email email@example.com requesting the comment be reviewed.