You are here
Information about major medicine shortages
Check for current information about ongoing medicine shortages.
- PageIncreased demand caused by the shortages and discontinuation of somatropin products have affected the supply of other somatropin products. We anticipate these other supplies should cover patients’ needs.
- PageInformation about the shortage of Zactin Tabs (fluoxetine 20 mg dispersible tablets) for patients, carers, prescribers and pharmacists.
- PageWe have been notified of a current shortage of Ryzodeg 70/30 FlexTouch insulin prefilled pens. The shortage is expected to continue until 5 June 2024.
- Medicine shortage alertsThe TGA is aware of a shortage of all hydrocortisone tablet strengths due to manufacturing issues. We are working with the supplier Alphapharm Pty Ltd to manage the impact.
- PageThe TGA has been notified of shortages of phenoxymethylpenicillin (Penicillin V) oral liquid and suspension products. These shortages are due to manufacturing issues.