Amoxicillin 250mg/5mL powder for oral suspension sugar free (Flamingo Pharma)
It is indicated for the treatment of the following infections due to susceptible strains of sensitive organisms.
Note. Therapy should be guided by bacteriological studies, including sensitivity tests, and by clinical response. However, in emergency cases where the causative organism has not been identified, therapy with amoxicillin may be useful. Clinical judgment will decide whether combination with another antibiotic would provide a sufficiently broad spectrum of activity pending sensitivity test results.
- Skin and skin structure: Staphylococcus, nonpenicillinase producing; Streptococcus; E. coli.
- Respiratory tract (acute and chronic): H. influenzae; Streptococcus; S. pneumoniae; Staphylococcus, nonpenicillinase producing; E. coli.
- Genitourinary tract (complicated and uncomplicated, acute and chronic): E.coli P.mirabilis and Strep. faecalis.
- Gonorrhoea: N. gonorrhoea (nonpencillinase producing).
- Prophylaxis of endocarditis: Amoxicillin may be used for the prophylaxis of bacterial endocarditis in individuals at particular risk, such as those with a prosthetic heart valve or those who have previously had endocarditis.