You are here
Special Access Scheme (SAS) online system guidance
The Special Access Scheme (SAS) & Authorised Prescriber (AP) scheme Online System (SAS & AP online system) is the preferred method of submission for SAS applications and notifications. The SAS & AP online system is designed to reduce administrative burden and provide health practitioners and organisations such as hospitals with additional reporting and management functions to assist in the management of their SAS applications and notifications.
This document provides users of the system with guidance about how to use the system. To reduce processing times, healthcare practitioners are strongly encouraged to submit submissions through the online system.
If you wish to access information regarding the submission of Authorised Prescriber applications via the online system, please refer to the Authorised Prescriber Scheme Online System User Guidance.
For information regarding the Special Access Scheme, please refer to the Special Access Scheme: Guidance for health practitioners and sponsors.
- Online System overview
- Terminology and definitions
- Features of the SAS Online System
- Account management
- Account registration
- Health practitioners
- Non-health practitioners
- Password resets
- Updating account information
- Affiliated sites
- Site registration
- Adding a Site Administrator(s)
- Sending invitations to affiliate
- Requesting to affiliate with a site
- Approving or rejecting a request to affiliate with a site
- User dashboards
- Filtering dashboard information
- Exporting submission data
- Cloning submissions
- Draft submissions
- Completed submissions
- Status of completed submissions
- Downloading receipts and outcome letters
- Expiring and expired submissions
- Submitting SAS applications and notifications
- Step 1 - Prescriber details
- Step 2 - Product selection
- Step 3 - Product details
- Step 4 - Patient details
- Step 5 - Summary
- Medicinal cannabis submissions
- When not to use the system to submit medicinal cannabis applications
- Notifying or applying to a State or Territory Health Department via the system
- TGA contact details
We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you are having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.