Prescription opioids hub
Find information on safe and effective prescribing and use of opioids.
To minimise the harm caused by opioid prescription medicines to Australians each year, a number of regulatory changes are being implemented. The changes will ensure the safe and effective prescribing and use of opioids while maintaining access for patients who need them.
- Codeine information hub: National Codeine Communication Strategy
- Codeine information hub: Codeine harm and efficacy literature
- Chronic pain management video resource - Brainman
Return unused opioids
- Prescription opioids: Information for health professionals
- Clinician information sheet on opioid analgesic tapering
- Clinician information sheet on opioid analgesic tapering: summary
- Prescription opioid tracking research - Prescribers
Supply prescription opioids
- A reminder to return your unused opioids to your local pharmacyWe're encouraging all Australians to return their unused opioids to their local pharmacy