You are here
We have tested a product labelled Tantra Jelly oral jelly satchels and found that:
- the product contains the undeclared substances sildenafil and tadalafil
- Sildenafil and tadalafil may interact with nitrates found in some prescription drugs and may lower blood pressure to dangerous levels. People with diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol or heart disease are often prescribed nitrates.
- Sildenafil and tadalafil taken in combination with other medications can cause serious side effects.
Consumers are advised that sildenafil and tadalafil is prescription-only substance in Australia.
The supply of Tantra Jelly oral jelly satchels containing undisclosed sildenafil and tadalafil is illegal.
Tantra Jelly oral jelly satchels have not been assessed by the TGA for quality, safety or efficacy as required under Australian legislation, and the place of manufacture is not approved by the TGA.
We advise consumers to exercise extreme caution when purchasing medicines from unknown overseas websites. Products purchased over the internet:
- may contain undisclosed and potentially harmful ingredients
- may not meet the same standards of quality, safety and efficacy as those approved by us for supply in Australia.
Information for consumers
- Stop using Tantra Jelly oral jelly satchels and take any remaining product to your local pharmacy for safe disposal.
- If you have any concerns arising from your use of this product, consult your health care practitioner.
- If you are considering purchasing medicines from overseas watch this short video on the risks associated with buying medicines and medical devices online.
- If you suspect you have had a side effect (also known as an adverse event) to this product, please report it to us. In addition, if you have concerns about this or other products, you can make a report to us on 1800 020 653 or through our website.
Action we are taking
Tantra Jelly oral jelly satchels were located during an ongoing investigation. The product was seized as potentially counterfeit with subsequent laboratory testing confirming the goods as counterfeit.
Our investigation and compliance activities identify therapeutic goods that compromise the health and safety of consumers. Our investigations attempt to locate the source or supply of this material and work with the parties involved to remove the products form the market. We can make applications to the court for counterfeit products to be seized and disposed of.
For more information on the types of actions we may take in instances of substantiated non-compliance, see our Compliance and enforcement hub.
Report counterfeit medicines and medical devices
If you are worried about Counterfeit (fake) medicines and medical devices, and want to report an issue, you can report the matter to us: