AB SLIM Slim-cellulose capsule
AB-Slim Slim-cellulose capsules pose a serious risk to your health and should not be taken.
The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) has tested a product labelled AB-Slim Slim-cellulose capsules and found that:
- the capsules contain the undeclared substance Sibutramine.
Consumers are advised that Sibutramine is a prescription-only substance in Australia.
The supply of AB-Slim Slim-cellulose capsules containing undisclosed Sibutramine is illegal.
AB-Slim Slim-cellulose capsules have not been assessed by the TGA for quality, safety or efficacy as required under Australian legislation, and the place of manufacture is not approved by the TGA.
Information for consumers
- Stop using AB-Slim capsules and take any remaining tablets to your local pharmacy for safe disposal.
- If you have any concerns arising from your use of this product, consult your health care practitioner.
- If you suspect you have had a side effect (also known as an adverse event) to this product, please report it to the TGA. In addition, if you have concerns about this or other products, you can make a report to the TGA on 1800 020 653 or through our website.
Action the TGA is taking
The TGA is working with the Australian Border Force (ABF) to help stop future shipments of AB-Slim capsules from entering Australia.
The TGA will notify ABF to seize and destroy any of these products intercepted at the border.
The TGA is advising consumers to exercise extreme caution when purchasing medicines from unknown overseas Internet sites and has produced a short video on the risks associated with buying medicines and medical devices online.
Products purchased over the Internet:
- may contain undisclosed and potentially harmful ingredients
- may not meet the same standards of quality, safety and efficacy as those approved by the TGA for supply in Australia.
Report counterfeit medicines and medical devices
If you are worried about counterfeit medicines or medical devices, and want to report an issue, you can report the matter to the TGA:
Phone: 1800 020 653