Our news gives you the latest on a range of health product safety and quality topics, such as changes to guidelines, fines for fake products and unlawful advertising, industry events and more.
- Consistent with recent EMA updates of acceptable intakes for established N-nitrosamines, the TGA has published updated acceptable intakes for nitrosamines in medicines.
- Repeal of Therapeutic Goods (Restricted and Prohibited Representations—Nicotine) Permission (No. 2) 2021On 1 January 2024, as part of the reforms to the regulation of vaping products, the Advertising Permission for Nicotine was repealed.
- We are advising sponsors, who are intending to register new prescription medicines, of a new way to pursue work-sharing for priority applications.
- We have launched a new search feature in the Adverse Event Management System (AEMS) portal. As a sponsor, you can access adverse event reports about your medicines and biologicals.
- It's #MedSafetyWeek, a global movement to encourage the reporting of medicine side effects (known as ‘adverse events’). You can join in and help spread the word.