You are here
Information webinar: Proposed changes to the way nicotine is supplied
From 1 October 2021, nicotine e-cigarette access by import is made the same as access domestically. Find out more.
On 8 and 9 October 2020, the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) hosted three webinar information sessions to explain the interim decision on nicotine with an opportunity for questions and answers (Q&A).
These presentation papers are provided on the TGA's website solely for the purpose of indicating or suggesting what TGA representatives spoke about to the various conferences and seminars to which it relates. The papers are not legislative in nature and should not be taken to be statements of any law or policy in any way.
The Australian Government Department of Health (of which the TGA is a part) advises that (a) the presentation papers should not be relied upon in any way as representing a comprehensive description of regulatory requirements, and (b) cannot guarantee, and assumes no legal liability or responsibility for, the accuracy, currency or completeness of the information contained in the presentation paper.
- Presented by: Adj. Prof John Skerritt, Ms Jenny Francis, Mr Avi Rebera
- Presented at: Online
- Presentation date: Thursday 8 October 2020 and Friday 9 October 2020
- Presentation slides: Note, the same presentation was made for all three webinars; including the sessions for suppliers and consumer/health professionals
- Webinar presentation: Information: Proposed changes to the way nicotine is supplied (pdf,1.10Mb)
Recording of online webinar presentation
The transcript will be available soon. If you need assistance in the meantime, please contact us.
Recordings of online Q&A
- Recording of online Q&A - suppliers, 8 Oct 2020
- Recording of online Q&A - consumers and health practitioners, 8 Oct 2020
- Recording of online Q&A - consumers and health practitioners, 9 Oct 2020