Some fundamental requirements apply to advertising of all types of therapeutic goods.
In this section we'll help you consider how to comply with the Therapeutic Goods Advertising Code including on how to:
- say your product is included in the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG) without saying 'TGA approved'
- ensure your ad is accurate, truthful and not misleading
- deal with product comparisons
- maintain consistency with information included in the product's ARTG entry
- support the safe and proper use of therapeutic goods
- use endorsements and testimonials in advertising
- reference scientific or clinical information
- advertise lawfully to children
- offer authorised samples of goods
- align with public health campaigns.
Guidance and resources
- GuidanceGuidance on applying the Advertising Code rulesAll advertising must comply with the 2021 Code rules from 1 July 2022.
- GuidanceAdvertising to health professionalsHow to direct therapeutic goods advertising exclusively to health professionals so that the consumer advertising requirements do not apply.
- PageScientific citationsUnderstanding the requirements of Section 15 of the Therapeutic Goods Advertising Code.
- GuidanceTestimonials and endorsements in advertisingThis guidance explains the requirements for using endorsements and testimonials in advertisements about therapeutic goods and provides examples.