Find out if the product you're intending to advertise is a therapeutic good, if it can be advertised to the public, how the regulations apply to advertising therapeutic goods, what activities are considered advertising and where to get more help if you need it.
All advertising of therapeutic goods is subject to the requirements of the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989 (the Act) and the Therapeutic Goods Regulations 1990 (the Regulations).
- PageAdvertising: Getting startedKnowing if the product you’re advertising is regulated as a therapeutic good is critical to understanding your requirements
- PageAdvertising guidanceGuidance to assist advertisers to comply with the Therapeutic Goods Advertising Code.
- PageSpecial topic pagesSpecial topic pages for advertising, including COVID-19, medicinal cannabis, nicotine vaping products and disease education.
- PageDecision treesDecision trees to help you comply with therapeutic goods advertising requirements.
- PageWebinars and learning resourcesLinks to our webinars and learning resources for advertising therapeutic goods in Australia.
Guidance and resources
- ChecklistsAdvertising compliance checklist - consumer advertisingChecklist to assist advertisers to assess their consumer advertising for compliance with the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989 and the Therapeutic Goods Advertising Code.