You are here
Consultation: Products used for and by people with disabilities
Options for amendment to the Therapeutic Goods (Excluded Goods) Determination 2018
This consultation closed on 25 October 2019.
Invitation to comment
The Australian Government endorsed a significant program of reform to further strengthen the regulation of medicines and medical devices in Australia. As part of the Australian Government Department of Health, the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) regulates these products, and is responsible for implementing the Government's reforms.
The focus of this paper is to obtain feedback on options for amending the Therapeutic Goods (Excluded Goods) Determination 2018, to clarify which products intended for use for, or by, people with disabilities are excluded goods, and so regulated as consumer rather than therapeutic goods.
- Consultation: Products used for and by people with disabilities - Options for amendment to the Therapeutic Goods (Excluded Goods) Determination 2018 (pdf,492kb)
- Consultation: Products used for and by people with disabilities - Options for amendment to the Therapeutic Goods (Excluded Goods) Determination 2018 (docx,120kb)
Document released for consultation on Thursday, 12 September 2019.
Interested parties should respond by close of business Friday, 25 October 2019.
Feedback will be released following consideration of submissions. (See 'What will happen').
Submissions must be relevant to the proposed amendments and questions detailed within the consultation paper.
In addition, submissions may include information on:
- Suggested improvements.
- Whether or not you support the proposals, including suggestions for alternatives.
- An assessment of how the proposal will impact on you.
Any questions relating to submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What will happen
All submissions will be placed on this website unless marked confidential or indicated otherwise in the submission form (see Privacy information).
Submissions will be reviewed by the TGA and feedback on submissions will be provided through this website. Once finalised, the regulatory changes and implementation arrangements will be published on the TGA website.
- The TGA collects your personal information in this submission in order to:
- contact you if the TGA wants to seek clarification of issues raised in your submission or to check whether you consent to certain information that you have provided being made publicly available.
- help provide context about your submission (e.g. to determine whether you are an individual or a director of a company or representing an interest group).
- seek feedback about how the consultation was undertaken.
- Please do not include personal information about other individuals in the body of your submission. Personal information in this context means information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
- More information on consultations and privacy is included in the submission form and on our website.