Codeine information hub
Changes to patient access for medicines containing codeine
No therapeutic product is ever completely risk free. Some risks may be known when a medicine or medical device is first entered on the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG). However, some information only comes to light after more people use the products.
- Consumer fact sheet: Codeine-containing medicines: Harms and changes to patient access
- Pharmacist fact sheet: Talking to your patients about the changes to codeine access
- Fact sheet: Codeine access for rural and remote Australians
- Codeine stock management for wholesalers, sponsors and retail pharmacies
- Frequently asked questions about Codeine
- Tips for talking about codeine: Guidance for health professionals with prescribing authority
- Tips for talking about codeine: Guidance for pharmacists
- Tips for talking about codeine: Guidance for pharmacy assistants
Explore this page to find out more about the TGA's recent decision regarding medicines which contain codeine.