You are here
Yunnan Feng Shi Ling capsules – counterfeit
The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) has tested a product labelled Yunnan Feng Shi Ling capsules and found that:
- the capsules contain the undeclared substance paracetamol (also known as acetaminophen).
Paracetamol is found in many headache, pain and cold and flu preparations.
The supply of Yunnan Feng Shi Ling capsules containing undisclosed paracetamol is illegal.
Yunnan Feng Shi Ling capsules have not been assessed by the TGA for quality, safety or efficacy as required under Australian legislation, and the place of manufacture is not approved by the TGA.
TGA investigations have shown that a number of people in Australia may have bought the product online.
Information for consumers
- Stop taking Yunnan Feng Shi Ling capsules and take any remaining capsules to your local pharmacy for safe disposal.
- If you have any concerns arising from your use of this product, consult your health care practitioner.
Action the TGA is taking
The TGA is working with the Australian Border Force (ABF) to help stop future shipments of Yunnan Feng Shi Ling capsules from entering Australia.
If these capsules are found at the border by the ABF they will be seized and destroyed.
The TGA is advising consumers to exercise extreme caution when purchasing medicines from unknown overseas Internet sites and has produced a short video on the risks associated with buying medicines and medical devices online. Products purchased over the Internet:
- may contain undisclosed and potentially harmful ingredients
- may not meet the same standards of quality, safety and efficacy as those approved by the TGA for supply in Australia.