You are here
VigRX for Men capsules
The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) has tested three samples of a product labelled VigRX for Men capsules and found that two of those samples contained the undeclared substance sildenafil. The samples tested by the TGA that contained sildenafil are counterfeit versions of VigRX for Men capsules.
- Sildenafil should only be used on the advice of a medical practitioner and requires a prescription by a medical practitioner. The taking of medicines containing sildenafil without the advice of a medical practitioner poses a significant and serious health risk.
A photograph of the products tested by TGA which contained sildenafil appears below.
Counterfeit VigRX for Men capsules tested
by the TGA
VigRX for Men capsules (counterfeit or otherwise) have not been assessed by the TGA for quality, safety or efficacy.
VigRX for Men capsules tablets (counterfeit or otherwise) are not approved for sale in Australia.
Information for consumers
- Consumers should be aware there are counterfeit versions of VigRX for Men capsules available for purchase.
- If you have any concerns arising from your use of this product, the TGA recommends that you stop taking it and consult your health care practitioner.
Action the TGA is taking
The TGA is working with Australian Customs and Border Protection Service (ACBPS) to help stop future shipments of the VigRX for Men capsules containing sildenafil or other undeclared prescription substances from entering Australia. Any such tablets found at the border by ACBPS will be seized and destroyed.
The TGA is advising consumers to exercise extreme caution when purchasing medicines from unknown overseas Internet sites. Products purchased over the Internet:
- may contain undisclosed and potentially harmful ingredients
- may not meet the same standards of quality, safety and efficacy as those approved by the TGA for supply in Australia.
Report counterfeit medicines and medical devices
If you are worried about counterfeit medicines or medical devices, and want to report an issue, you can report the matter to the TGA:
|Phone:||1800 020 653|
|Online:||Report a perceived breach of the Therapeutic Goods Act or questionable practices relating to therapeutic products|