MMC Maxman IV Erection Enhancer capsules
MMC Maxman IV Erection Enhancer capsules pose a serious risk to your health and should not be taken.
The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) has tested MMC Maxman IV Erection Enhancer capsules and found that:
- it contains the undeclared prescription substance sildenafil - despite the product label claim that it is made of herbal ingredients and contains no medicines.
- consumers are advised that sildenafil is a prescription-only medicine (which is the active ingredient in Viagra).
The commercial supply of MMC Maxman IV Erection Enhancer capsules is illegal.
MMC Maxman IV Erection Enhancer capsules have not been assessed by the TGA for quality, safety or efficacy as required under Australian legislation, and the place of manufacture is not approved by the TGA.
TGA investigations have shown that a number of people in Australia have bought the product online.
Information for consumers
- Stop taking MMC Maxman IV Erection Enhancer capsules and discard any remaining capsules.
- If you have any concerns arising from your use of this product, consult your health care practitioner.
Action the TGA is taking
The TGA is working with Australian Customs and Border Protection Services (Customs) to help stop future shipments of MMC Maxman IV Erection Enhancer capsules from entering Australia.
If these capsules are found at the border by Customs they will be seized and destroyed.
The TGA is advising consumers to exercise extreme caution when purchasing medicines from unknown overseas Internet sites. Products purchased over the Internet:
- may contain undisclosed and potentially harmful ingredients
- may not meet the same standards of quality, safety and efficacy as those approved by the TGA for supply in Australia.
Report counterfeit medicines and medical devices
If you are worried about counterfeit medicines or medical devices, and want to report an issue, you can report the matter to the TGA:
|Phone:||1800 020 653|
|Online:||Report a perceived breach of the Therapeutic Goods Act or questionable practices relating to therapeutic products|