You are here
Me2Shape capsules pose a serious risk to your health and should not be taken
Me2Shape capsules pose a serious risk to your health and should not be taken. The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) has tested a product labelled Me2Shape capsules and found that:
- The Me2Shape capsules contain the undeclared substance Fluoxetine.
Fluoxetine is the active ingredient in Prozac, marketed by Eli Lilly Australia Pty Ltd as 20mg capsules for the treatment of depression.
Consumers are advised that Fluoxetine is a prescription-only (S4) medicine in Australia.
The supply of Me2Shape capsules containing undisclosed Fluoxetine is illegal.
Me2Shape capsules have not been assessed by the TGA for quality, safety or efficacy as required under Australian legislation, and the place of manufacture is not approved by the TGA.
Information for consumers
- Stop taking Me2Shape capsules and take any remaining capsules to your local pharmacy for safe disposal.
- If you have any concerns arising from your use of this product, consult your health care practitioner.
Action the TGA is taking
The TGA is working with the Australian Border Force (ABF) to help stop future shipments of Me2Shape capsules from entering Australia.If these capsules are found at the border by the ABF they will be seized and destroyed. The TGA is advising consumers to exercise extreme caution when purchasing medicines from unknown overseas Internet sites and has produced a short video on the risks associated with buying medicines and medical devices online. Products purchased over the Internet:
- may contain undisclosed and potentially harmful ingredients
- may not meet the same standards of quality, safety and efficacy as those approved by the TGA for supply in Australia.