You are here
MAGNA-RX capsules- tablets (counterfeit version)
The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) has tested product labelled MAGNA-RX capsules containing hexagon tablets and found that:
- the tablets contain the undeclared substance sildenafil; and
- the tablets contain a small amount of undeclared paracetamol.
Consumers are advised that sildenafil is a prescription-only substance in Australia.
The product tested containing sildenafil and paracetamol was a counterfeit version of MAGNA-RX capsules.
The supply of MAGNA-RX capsules (counterfeit or otherwise) is illegal in Australia.
MAGNA-RX capsules (counterfeit or otherwise) have not been assessed by the TGA for quality, safety or efficacy as required under Australian legislation.
TGA investigations have shown that a number of people in Australia may have bought the product online.
MAGNA-RX capsules (counterfeit) pose a serious risk to your health and should not be taken.
Information for consumers
- Stop taking MAGNA-RX capsules and take any remaining tablets to your local pharmacy for safe disposal.
- If you have any concerns arising from your use of this product, consult your health care practitioner.
Action the TGA is taking
The TGA is working with the Australian Border Force (ABF) to help stop future shipments of MAGNA-RX capsules from entering Australia.
If these tablets are found at the border by the ABF they will be seized and destroyed.
The TGA is advising consumers to exercise extreme caution when purchasing medicines from unknown overseas Internet sites. Products purchased over the Internet:
- may contain undisclosed and potentially harmful ingredients
- may not meet the same standards of quality, safety and efficacy as those approved by the TGA for supply in Australia.
Report counterfeit medicines and medical devices
If you are worried about counterfeit medicines or medical devices, and want to report an issue, you can report the matter to the TGA:
|Phone:||1800 020 653|
|Online:||Report a perceived breach of the Therapeutic Goods Act or questionable practices relating to therapeutic products|