You are here
AuLion Energy Candy
AuLion Energy Candy poses a serious risk to your health and should not be taken.
The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) has tested a product labelled AuLion Energy Candy and found that:
- The candies contain the undeclared substance sildenafil.
Consumers are advised that sildenafil is a prescription-only (S4) medicine in Australia.
The supply of AuLion Energy Candy containing undisclosed sildenafil is illegal.
AuLion Energy Candy has not been assessed by the TGA for quality, safety or efficacy as required under Australian legislation, and the place of manufacture is not approved by the TGA.
Information for consumers
- Stop taking AuLion Energy Candy and take any remaining candies to your local pharmacy for safe disposal.
- If you have any concerns arising from your use of this product, consult your health care practitioner.
Action the TGA is taking
The TGA is working with the Australian Border Force (ABF) to help stop future shipments of AuLion Energy Candy from entering Australia.
If these candies are found at the border by the ABF they will be seized and destroyed.
The TGA is advising consumers to exercise extreme caution when purchasing medicines from unknown overseas Internet sites and has produced a short video on the risks associated with buying medicines and medical devices online. Products purchased over the Internet:
- may contain undisclosed and potentially harmful ingredients
- may not meet the same standards of quality, safety and efficacy as those approved by the TGA for supply in Australia.