1 Day Diet capsules
1 Day Diet capsules pose a serious risk to your health and should not be taken.
The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) has tested a product labelled 1 Day Diet capsules and found that:
- the capsules contain the undeclared substances phenolphthalein and sibutramine.
- consumers are advised that sibutramine is a prescription-only substance.
- consumers are also advised that both phenolphthalein and sibutramine have been withdrawn from world markets due to concerns about carcinogenicity, and increased risk of cardiac events and stroke.
The supply of 1 Day Diet capsules is illegal.
1 Day Diet capsules have not been assessed by the TGA for quality, safety or efficacy as required under Australian legislation, and the place of manufacture is not approved by the TGA.
TGA investigations have shown that a number of people in Australia may have bought the product online.
Information for consumers
- Stop taking 1 Day Diet capsules and take any remaining tablets to your local pharmacy for safe disposal.
- If you have any concerns arising from your use of this product, consult your health care practitioner.
Action the TGA is taking
The TGA is working with Australian Customs and Border Protection Service (ACBPS) to help stop future shipments of 1 Day Diet capsules from entering Australia.
If these tablets are found at the border by ACBPS they will be seized and destroyed.
The TGA is advising consumers to exercise extreme caution when purchasing medicines from unknown overseas Internet sites. Products purchased over the Internet:
- may contain undisclosed and potentially harmful ingredients
- may not meet the same standards of quality, safety and efficacy as those approved by the TGA for supply in Australia.
Report counterfeit medicines and medical devices
If you are worried about counterfeit medicines or medical devices, and want to report an issue, you can report the matter to the TGA:
|Phone:||1800 020 653|
|Online:||Report a perceived breach of the Therapeutic Goods Act or questionable practices relating to therapeutic products|