Safety alerts include Safety advisories, Alert/advisories and Monitoring communications.
A safety alert tells you about a possible risk or action you need to take for a health product. This alert does not always mean a health product is unsafe.
Latest Safety alerts
- PholcodineThe TGA has decided to cancel the registration of pholcodine-containing medicines and is recalling them from pharmacies.
- Nitrosamine impurities in medicines - Information for sponsors and manufacturersWe have published updated information on nitrosamine impurities, on the TGA response and requirements for medicine sponsors and manufacturers.
- Updated information for repaired Philips Respironics Trilogy 100 devicesPhilips Respironics (the manufacturer) detected two problems with corrected Trilogy 100 ventilators
- NexGen Stemmed Option Tibial Component used in knee implantsZimmer Biomet, in consultation with the TGA, is issuing an Implant Hazard Alert for the NexGen Stemmed Cemented Option Tibial Component.
- Substitution instrument to address shortage of Imdur Durules and Monodur Durules isosorbide mononitrate extended to 30 June 2023The SSSI for isosorbide mononitrate 120mg modified release tablets is extended to 30 June 2023.
- Compatibility of tubing connectors and medical gas sourcesSafety advisory - Compatibility of tubing connectors and medical gas sources