Do not call the TGA in an emergency - for urgent medical help call 000. If you have experienced an overdose or suspected poisoning, call the Poisons Information Centre, 24 hours a day on 13 11 26.
If you think you might be experiencing an adverse event seek advice from a health professional.
Click or tap the sections below to find forms, information and contact links:
The TGA relies on the public, health professionals and industry to report problems with medicines or medical devices - this allows us to identify and respond to safety matters.
If you are telephoning us to report a problem, please call between 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
- Speak to a pharmacist from NPS Medicinewise about a side effect of a medicine or vaccine on 1300 134 237
- Speak to the TGA about a side effect or defect of a medicine or vaccine on 1800 044 114
- Speak to the TGA about a problem with a device on 1800 809 361
Other useful links
- Make a complaint about advertising
- Report problems with agricultural chemicals or veterinary medicines to the Australian Pesticides & Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA)
- Make a complaint about a health practitioner to the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Find out more about the National Relay Service (for users who are deaf or have a hearing or speech impediment) or view our postal contact details.
For general privacy information, visit the Privacy page.