Therapeutic goods regulation
The regulatory framework reflects and upholds the Australian community’s expectations around the safety and quality of therapeutic goods on the market.
- Be alert to an issue affecting all units of the Scandinavian Total Ankle Replacement (STAR) Ankle Prosthesis supplied in the Australian market.
- From 30 November 2023, some sports supplements will be regulated as therapeutic goods and must be included in the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG).
- On 29 August 2023, the TGA executed multiple warrants on storage units and residences in Brisbane and seized over 40,000 vaping products with an estimated street value of over $1.2 million
- The COVID-19 pandemic post-market review of facemasks is now finished.
- Public notice of interim decisions on proposed amendments to the Poisons Standard - ACMS#40, ACCS#35, Joint ACMS-ACCS#32 - November 2022Interim decisions and invitation for further comment. Closing date: 3 March 2023
- Notice of interim decisions on proposed amendments to the Poisons Standard – ACMS #38, ACCS #34, Joint ACMS-ACCS #31 – June 2022Interim decisions and invitation for further comment. Closing date: 24 November 2022
- Consultation: Proposed amendments to the Poisons Standard – ACMS, ACCS and Joint ACMS-ACCS meetings, November 2023Have your say on proposed amendments to the Poisons Standard, to be considered at advisory committees in November 2023.