TGA Stakeholder Survey 2016-17 - questions and answers
Australian Government Statistical Clearing House Approval Number: 02510 -- 01
At the end of every financial year the TGA seeks feedback on our communications and consultation activities, as well as our performance. This survey covers the period of the financial year 2016/17.
Below are answers to common questions relating to the survey.
The TGA is seeking feedback on our communications and consultation activities, as well as our performance over the last 12 months.
The survey will be open from 3-21 July 2017.
- You can access the survey from the TGA Website. People who have registered their email address with the TGA will be invited to do the survey via email.
Consumers, patients, healthcare professionals and anyone connected to the medical products industry are all being asked to complete the survey.
Depending on your answers, it will take around 15 minutes to complete the survey.
The survey was designed by the Department of Health. The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) Statistical Clearing House has assessed the survey methods and questionnaire and cleared the survey for launch. The ABS Statistical Clearing House will also conduct a review of the results.
For the purpose of this survey the TGA is looking at the way we communicate via our website, emails, letters, consultation documents and phone calls.
The TGA undertakes consultation when proposing new regulatory requirements, or changes to existing processes which may impact on its stakeholders. We do this in many ways such as:
- releasing draft documents on the TGA website and inviting comments;
- holding meetings with people who have a particular interest in that area;
- arranging presentations in major cities and inviting people to attend.
Results from the survey will be available in the TGA's annual Key Performance Statistics report.
The TGA will analyse the survey responses to identify:
- strengths and weaknesses in TGA's current communications, consultation and stakeholder engagement processes
- barriers to effective participation in consultation for TGA stakeholders and
- ways to improve awareness of the roles and responsibilities of the TGA amongst consumers, health professionals and industry.
Technical information and problems
Please wait a few minutes and try again. If many people are trying to start the survey at the same time, you may not be able to get access. If you continue to have problems please contact the TGA by emailing email@example.com.
All the information collected from the survey will be hosted in a secure server. We will not be able to identify respondents from any of the information they provide.