TGA key performance indicators: January to June 2014
Version 1.0, August 2014
|Version||Description of change||Author||Effective date|
|V1.0||Original publication||TGA||August 2014|
As a part of the Department of Health, the TGA safeguards and enhances the health of the Australian community through the effective and timely administration of the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989, through which the Australian Government aims to:
- ensure that therapeutic goods are safe, effective and of high quality
- participate in international harmonisation and work sharing, and
- continue the therapeutic goods reform process.
We are guided by the TGA Strategic Statement 2012-2015 in delivering these outcomes.
Our performance against our broad strategic intent is measured through eight key performance indicators (KPIs):
- Stakeholder communication, education and satisfaction
- Premarket business operations
- Postmarket business operations
- Organisational health
- Financial performance
- Statutory obligations
- International cooperation, and
- Decision making.
The KPIs and the specific measures that are used to report against each KPI have been endorsed by the Australian Therapeutic Goods Advisory Council, following consultation with the TGA-Industry Consultative Committee.
This KPI report covers aspects of our performance between January and June 2014. This is the first KPI report that provides information about all agreed reporting measures.
Detailed measures of our pre- and postmarket business activities are documented in our Half-yearly performance reports, which are provided to members of the TGA-Industry Consultative Committee and published on the TGA website.