You are here
The content on this page and other TGA archive pages is provided to assist research and may contain references to activities or policies that have no current application. See the full archive disclaimer.
Submissions received: Review of Therapeutic Goods Order 54 - Standards for Disinfectants; and associated guidance
The TGA thanks respondents who provided submissions in response to the public consultation paper Review of Therapeutic Goods Order 54 - Standards for Disinfectants; and associated guidance.
The consultation related to the proposed update to the Therapeutic Goods Order 54 - Standards for Disinfectants (TGO 54), and new guidance material to assist stakeholders to comply with regulatory requirements following the downregulation of hard surface disinfectants.
A total of 21 submissions were received.
The outcomes from consultation include the publication of the new Therapeutic Goods (Standard for Disinfectants and Sanitary Products) (TGO 104) Order 2019, effective 31 March 2019.
The TGA website has also been updated to provide clearer guidance material for stakeholders on disinfectants. New documents include: Exempt Disinfectant Guidance, Listed Disinfectant Guidance, TGA instructions for disinfectant testing and Disinfectant claim guide.
All submissions that gave permission to be published on the TGA website are available below in PDF format.
*Large file warning: Attempting to open large files over the Internet within the browser window may cause problems. It is strongly recommended you download this document to your own computer and open from there.
- Consultation submission: Accord Australasia (pdf,245kb)
- Consultation submission: Aerosol Association of Australia Inc (pdf,441kb)
- Consultation submission: Australian Self Medication Industry Ltd (pdf,144kb)
- Consultation submission: Australian Dental Association (pdf,117kb)
- Consultation submission: Australian Dental Industry Association (pdf,738kb)
- Consultation submission: Australian Food & Grocery Council (pdf,201kb)
- Consultation submission: Diversey Australia Pty Ltd (pdf,217kb)
- Consultation submission: Dynamic Innovations (pdf,428kb)
- Consultation submission: Ecolab Pty Ltd
- Consultation submission: Quality Matters Safety Matters Pty Ltd
- Consultation submission: Tasmanian Infection Prevention Control Unit
- Consultation submission: Thermo Fisher Scientific Australia Pty Ltd (pdf,1373kb)
- Consultation submission: Trendpac (pdf,19kb)
- Consultation submission: Whiteley Corporation