Ozempic (semaglutide) shortage collection
Increased global demand for semaglutide products is impacting availability of Ozempic (semaglutide) in Australia. Alerts on the shortage of Trulicity (dulaglutide) are shown in this collection.
Read current information and updates at:
About the Ozempic (semaglutide) shortage 2022 and 2023
About the Trulicity (dulaglutide) shortage 2022 and 2023
Novo Nordisk has informed us that the supply of Ozempic (semaglutide) in Australia remains limited. They expect the supply to remain limited until the end of June 2023. We recommend that patients who are prescribed Ozempic should contact their doctor immediately to have their treatment reassessed.
Visit the Medicine shortage reports database to search for all medicines in shortage and find information about management actions.
- Safety alertsCounterfeit semaglutide vialsThe TGA has detected fake semaglutide, also known as Ozempic, being illegally imported into Australia.
- Media releasesConsumers warned about Ozempic scamsThe TGA is aware of several scams targeting consumers seeking semaglutide (Ozempic). Consumers are strongly advised not to use products unless they have come from a trusted source.
- NewsLimited Ozempic supplies to commence distribution in AustraliaSupplies of Ozempic (semaglutide) have begun distribution in Australia but will remain quite limited for some time.
- Medicine shortage alertsUpdate: Limited semaglutide (Ozempic) supplyThere remains an increased global demand for semaglutide products which is impacting availability and certainty of supply of Ozempic (semaglutide) in Australia until early 2023.
- Medicine shortage alertsJoint statement: Prioritisation of semaglutide (Ozempic) supply for people with type 2 diabetes during shortageJoint statement on the Ozempic (semaglutide) shortage and prioritisation for people with type 2 diabetes.
- NewsA warning that advertising Ozempic (semaglutide) is prohibitedA warning to social media influencers and advertisers not to advertise this prescription medicine.