TGA laboratory testing reports
Results of TGA Laboratory testing are released in every 6 months in the Database of TGA laboratory testing results.
In addition to the 6 monthly releases of testing results, we also periodically publish more detailed reports related to specific testing projects. These reports are available below.
For more information about the TGA Laboratories and laboratory testing see: TGA Laboratories: What we test and how to access the results and TGA laboratory testing results.
- Testing of nicotine vaping products
1 March 2022 TGA Laboratories are conducting compliance testing of available and imported products to assess if they meet the requirements specified in the TGO 110
- Testing for benzene in aerosol sunscreen products being supplied in Australia
22 December 2021Report on the laboratory testing for benzene in aerosol sunscreen products being supplied in Australia
- Testing for toxins in medicinal cannabis products being supplied via SAS B in Australia
26 August 2021 Report on the laboratory testing for toxins in medicinal cannabis products being supplied via SAS B in Australia
- Testing of paediatric medicinal cannabis products being supplied via SAS in Australia
26 August 2021 Report on the laboratory testing of SAS-supplied cannabis products
- Aconitum alkaloids in listed medicines
26 August 2021 Report on the laboratory testing of listed medicines for Aconitum alkaloid content
- Testing of face masks and respirators
14 December 2020 Summary of face masks and respirators testing conducted to as part of the Post-market review of face masks - updated periodically
- Testing of medicinal cannabis products being supplied via SAS in Australia
2 December 2020 Report summarising the recent laboratory testing of medicinal cannabis products
- Seasonal influenza vaccines - Batch release 2020
28 August 2020 Report describing our assessment of the 2020 seasonal flu vaccine
- Microbiological testing of medicines containing Green-lipped Mussel
30 Jun 2020 Results of the outcomes of 35 listed medicine compliance reviews
- Gardasil 9 Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine monitoring
31 Jan 2020 Testing of Gardasil 9 Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines available in Australia
- Measles vaccines monitoring
7 Jan 2020 Testing of measles vaccines available in Australia
- TGA Laboratories testing of ranitidine medicines
22 Oct 2019 Contamination of ranitidine medicines with the nitrosamine NDMA
- Biomaterials and Engineering Laboratory Report: Non-active mammary implants
26 Sep 2019 Investigation of the surface of 52 different models of breast implants and tissue expanders
- Survey of microwavable heat packs
4 Sep 2019 This testing project was designed to assess compliance with the new Standard
- Testing of Alkyl Nitrite 'Poppers'
6 Jun 2019 TGA Laboratories has released a report detailing testing of alkyl nitrite products
- Survey of human insulin products
26 Feb 2019 The TGA has tested a range of human insulin products. All of the products tested met the applicable quality standards.