Amoxicillin 250mg capsules BP (Athlone)
Treatment of the following infections due to susceptible strains of sensitive organisms:
Note: Therapy should be guided by bacteriological studies, including sensitivity tests, and by clinical response. Amoxicillin alone or in combination with another antibiotic, may be used in an emergency where the causative has not been identified.
- Respiratory tract infections (acute and chronic): H. influenzae; Streptococcus; S.pneumoniae; Staphylococcus, nonpenicillinase producing; E. coli.
- Urogenital infections (complicated and uncomplicated, acute and chronic): E.coli P.mirabilis and Strep. faecalis.
- Gonorrhoea: N.gonorrhoea (nonpencillinase producing).
- Skin and skin structure infections: Staphylococcus, nonpenicillinase producing; Streptococcus; E. coli.
- Prophylaxis of endocarditis: Amoxicillin may be used for the prophylaxis of bacterial endocarditis in individuals at particular risk, such as those with a prosthetic heart valve or those who have previously had endocarditis.