You are here
Search our media releases, news, vaccine safety reports, and notices.
Use the filters below to narrow your search.
You can narrow down the results using the filters.
Results for "[search-keyword]"
- Media releasesThe TGA has issued three infringement notices totalling $39,960 to Queensland-based company Pracmed Healthcare Pty Ltd for alleged unlawful advertising of complementary medicines.
- Infringement notices totalling $588,840 issued to three Sydney-based TSG stores and Jaradat and Sabbagh Group Pty LtdMedia releasesThe TGA has issued 38 infringement notices totalling $588,840 to four Sydney-based entities for allegedly importing 22 consignments containing a total of 379,600 nicotine vaping products.
- Affinity Corp Australia Pty Ltd fined $66,600 for alleged unlawful advertising of medicinal cannabis productsMedia releasesThe TGA has issued 5 infringement notices to Affinity Corp Australia Pty Ltd for the alleged unlawful advertising of medicinal cannabis products.
- NewsThese international recognition routes, which have been facilitated by existing international partnerships such as those developed through the Access Consortium and Project Orbis, are part of a new international recognition framework for medicines that is specific to the UK following their exit from the European Union.
- Media releasesInfluenza vaccines can change from year to year as new strains of influenza virus appear. This is one reason vaccination against influenza is given every year.
- Safety updatesA warning about anticoagulant-related nephropathy (ARN) has been added to the Product Information (PI) for all oral anticoagulants.
- NewsThe TGA has approved applications submitted by Australian Red Cross Lifeblood (Lifeblood) to remove most of the sexual activity ineligibility criteria for plasma donors used for fractionated products only. Lifeblood refers to this approach as ‘the plasma pathway’.
- Queensland individual fined nearly $16,000 after allegedly importing unregistered nicotine vaping productsMedia releasesIt is alleged that the individual attempted to import six different types of nicotine vaping products (prescription medicines). The unapproved nicotine vaping products were intercepted by the Australian Border Force and have been seized and will be destroyed under advice from the TGA.
- Media releasesThe TGA has issued 5 infringement notices to 3 health practitioners for the alleged unlawful importation of unregistered prescription-only medicines.
- Safety updatesNew warnings for baricitinib, tofacitinib and upadacitinib follow a TGA review of a randomised safety trial called the ORAL Surveillance Study.
- NewsThe TGA has updated the Australian Regulatory Guidelines for Sunscreens (ARGS) to align with the data requirements for all ingredients proposed to be included in the Therapeutic Goods (Permissible Ingredients) Determination
- Media releasesFrom 1 June 2023, prescribing of oral ivermectin for ‘off-label’ uses will no longer be limited to specialists such as dermatologists, gastroenterologists and infectious diseases specialists.