Search our media releases, news, vaccine safety reports, and notices.
Use the filters below to narrow your search.
You can narrow down the results using the filters.
Results for "[search-keyword]"
- Therapeutic Goods (Poisons Standard) (COVID-19 Vaccine - Pfizer) (Tozinameran and Famtozinameran) Labelling Exemption 2023NoticesThis labelling exemption is granted under section 1.5.5 of Part 2 of the current Poisons Standard.
- Media releasesFrom 1 July this year, medicines containing the psychedelic substances psilocybin and MDMA can be prescribed by specifically authorised psychiatrists for the treatment of certain mental health conditions.
- Caveman Nutrition Pty Ltd, The Cave Nutrition Store Pty Ltd and their director fined $208,000 for alleged unlawful advertising of sports supplements containing dangerous substancesMedia releasesThe TGA has issued infringement notices to Caveman Nutrition Pty Ltd, The Cave Nutrition Store Pty Ltd and to the director of these companies for the alleged unlawful advertising of sports supplements and therapeutic goods not included in the ARTG.
- Media releasesThe TGA has issued an infringement notice totalling $13,320 to Sydney company JSHealth Vitamins Pty Ltd for supplying a complementary medicine that allegedly did not conform with legal requirements.
- Media releasesThe TGA has confirmed the performance of COVID-19 rapid antigen tests available on the Australian market with COVID-19 variants.
- Mode Medical Pty Ltd and executive officer fined almost $160,000 for alleged unlawful advertising of intravenous infusion productsMedia releasesThe TGA has issued infringement notices to Mode Medical Pty Ltd for the alleged unlawful advertising to Australian consumers on a company website and social media.
- NewsOn 10 July 2020 the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) granted provisional approval to remdesivir ("Veklury", Gilead Sciences Pty Ltd) as the first treatment option for COVID-19
- NewsOn 20 August 2021 the TGA granted provisional approval to GlaxoSmithKline Australia Pty Ltd in relation to sotrovimab (XEVUDY).
- TGA grants provisional approval to Pfizer’s COVID-19 bivalent (COMIRNATY Original/Omicron BA.4-5 COVID-19 vaccine) booster dose vaccineMedia releasesThis is the first vaccine provisionally approved by the TGA that is designed to specifically target the Omicron variants BA.4/BA.5 and follows provisional approval of the Pfizer BA.1 Omicron/original bivalent vaccine.
- TGA commences evaluation of Moderna COVID-19 vaccine (SPIKEVAX) for potential transition to full registrationMedia releasesThe TGA has commenced evaluation of an application from Moderna Australia Pty Ltd to transition its COVID-19 vaccine, SPIKEVAX, to full registration for the immunisation of individuals 6 years and over, and as a booster dose for individuals aged 12 years and older.
- Travellers with injectable medicines containing ingredients derived from animal or human origin no longer require TGA approval to enter AustraliaMedia releasesTravellers will be able to bring up to 3-months supply of their medicine.