Search our media releases, news, vaccine safety reports, and notices.
Use the filters below to narrow your search.
You can narrow down the results using the filters.
Results for "[search-keyword]"
- Media releasesThe TGA has issued 5 infringement notices to 3 health practitioners for the alleged unlawful importation of unregistered prescription-only medicines.
- Safety updatesNew warnings for baricitinib, tofacitinib and upadacitinib follow a TGA review of a randomised safety trial called the ORAL Surveillance Study.
- NewsThe TGA has updated the Australian Regulatory Guidelines for Sunscreens (ARGS) to align with the data requirements for all ingredients proposed to be included in the Therapeutic Goods (Permissible Ingredients) Determination
- Media releasesFrom 1 June 2023, prescribing of oral ivermectin for ‘off-label’ uses will no longer be limited to specialists such as dermatologists, gastroenterologists and infectious diseases specialists.
- NoticesListed medicine ingredients and requirements for their use have been updated in the Therapeutic Goods (Permissible Ingredients) Determination (No. 2) 2023.
- Media releasesThe TGA has approved Moderna Australia’s application to transition its COVID-19 vaccine, SPIKEVAX (elasomeran), from provisional to full registration.
- Infringement notices totalling $66,600 given to three Sydney-based companies and two individuals for alleged unlawful importation of nicotine vaping productsMedia releasesThe TGA has issued nine infringement notices to three companies and two associated individuals for the alleged unlawful importation of nicotine vaping products.
- BlogFrom 1 July 2023, authorised psychiatrists can prescribe psychedelic medicines to people with specific mental health conditions under strict controls.
- Company director sentenced to 2 years imprisonment with personal and company fines of over $2.5 million for selling illegal SARMsMedia releasesChristopher Ramsey, the Director of AusLabs, Smart Labs and iSARMs, has been sentenced 2 years imprisonment and fined $300,000 for his role in the manufacture, supply and advertising of illegal Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators and nootropic products. Mr Ramsey’s three companies also received significant fines totalling $2,225,000.
- NewsFrom 22 March 2023 changes to the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989 will help alleviate the effects of medicine shortages on patients.