Search our media releases, news, vaccine safety reports, and notices.
Use the filters below to narrow your search.
You can narrow down the results using the filters.
Results for "[search-keyword]"
- Compliance undertakingsTGA accepts Enforceable Undertaking by Strapit Medical and Sports Supplies Pty Ltd in relation to breaches of the Therapeutic Goods Act.
- Media releasesThe TGA is aware of several incorrect recent media reports asserting that some COVID-19 rapid antigen tests have been removed from the market by the TGA for failing to detect the Omicron COVID-19 variant.
- Strapit Medical and Sports Supplies Pty Ltd undertakes to comply with advertising rules for therapeutic goodsMedia releasesTGA accepts Enforceable Undertaking by Strapit Medical and Sports Supplies Pty Ltd in relation to breaches of the Therapeutic Goods Act.
- Court proceedings initiated against Vapor Kings Pty Ltd and its director for alleged unlawful advertising of nicotine vaping productsMedia releasesThe TGA has commenced Federal Court proceedings against Vapor Kings Pty Ltd and its sole director for alleged unlawful advertising of nicotine vaping products.
- Media releasesTGA has released over 95 batches of influenza vaccine, consisting of over 16.8 million doses, for supply in Australia for the 2022 influenza season.
- NewsThe TGA has approved the removal of the geographical deferral of blood and plasma donors from the UK, which was put in place to minimise the risk of variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (vCJD), commonly known as 'mad cow disease'.
- TGA provisionally approves the Biocelect Pty Ltd (Novavax) COVID-19 vaccine, NUVAXOVID, for use in individuals aged 12-17 yearsMedia releasesThe TGA has provisionally approved the Biocelect Pty Ltd (on behalf of Novavax Inc.) COVID-19 vaccine, NUVAXOVID, for use in individuals aged 12 years and older.
- Media releasesThe TGA has issued a direction notice to 13 Vape Pty Ltd and an executive officer to cease promoting the use and supply of nicotine vaping products to Australian consumers.
- Media releasesThe TGA has issued 12 infringement notices totalling $31,698 to a NSW based individual for alleged unlawful advertising of disposable nicotine vaping products on several websites.
- Media releasesThe TGA has provisionally approved a paediatric dose of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, SPIKEVAX, for use in individuals aged 6 months to less than 6 years (6 months to 5 years).
- NewsThe TGA is providing guidance on surrogate viruses that may be used to test disinfectants making claims of efficacy against Monkeypox.
- Media releasesOn 5 July 2022 the TGA granted two provisional determinations to Pfizer Australia Pty Ltd.
- Precision Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd fined and directed to cease alleged unlawful advertising of nicotine vaping productsMedia releasesPrecision Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd fined and directed to cease alleged unlawful advertising of nicotine vaping products
- Provisional determination granted to Pfizer in relation to COVID 19 vaccine, COMIRNATY - for use in individuals 6 months up to 5 yearsMedia releasesOn 28 June 2022 the TGA granted a provisional determination to Pfizer Australia Pty Ltd in relation to its COVID-19 Vaccine, COMIRNATY.
- Hough Pharma Pty Ltd fined $106,560 for allegedly failing to provide information to demonstrate adequate performance of three COVID-19 rapid antigen tests and for allegedly failing to provide appropriate customer supportMedia releasesThe TGA has issued eight (8) infringement notices totalling $106,560 to Hough Pharma Pty Ltd for allegedly failing to provide information to the TGA to demonstrate the safety and performance of three COVID-19 RATs.