Search our media releases, news, vaccine safety reports, and notices.
You can narrow down the results using the filters
- NewsFind out about the requirements starting on 1 January 2023 for medicines that are serialised or include a data matrix code.
- NewsThe Pharmacovigilance Inspection Program (PVIP) Risk Assessment Survey is now open until 18 December 2022 for medicine sponsors to complete.
- NewsThe TGA has approved the removal of the geographical deferral of blood and plasma donors from the UK, which was put in place to minimise the risk of variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (vCJD), commonly known as 'mad cow disease'.
- NewsThe TGA is providing guidance on surrogate viruses that may be used to test disinfectants making claims of efficacy against Monkeypox.
- NewsOn 10 July 2020 the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) granted provisional approval to remdesivir ("Veklury", Gilead Sciences Pty Ltd) as the first treatment option for COVID-19
- NewsOn 20 August 2021 the TGA granted provisional approval to GlaxoSmithKline Australia Pty Ltd in relation to sotrovimab (XEVUDY).
- NewsThe TGA granted provisional approval to Janssen-Cilag Pty Ltd (known as Johnson & Johnson overseas) for its COVID-19 vaccine Janssen, making it the third COVID-19 vaccine to receive regulatory approval in Australia.
- NewsThe TGA regulates sunscreen products to ensure they meet the high standards for quality, safety and effectiveness set by the Australian regulatory guidelines for sunscreens.
- NewsAn overview of the information that will be provided in patient information leaflets and patient implant cards for permanently implantable medical devices
- NewsThe TGA is inviting consumers, health professionals, industry and other stakeholders to share their views in our annual stakeholder survey by 27 August 2021.