Search our media releases, news, vaccine safety reports, and notices.
You can narrow down the results using the filters
- Media releasesTGA grants provisional determination to Pfizer’s COVID-19 bivalent (COMIRNATY BIVALENT OMICRON BA.4/BA.5) booster dose vaccineThe TGA has granted a provisional determination to Pfizer's bivalent COVID-19 vaccine candidate: tozinameran & famtozinameran (COMIRNATY BIVALENT OMICRON BA.4/BA.5 COVID-19 VACCINE).
- Media releasesAus Labs, Smart Labs, iSARMs and Director Christopher Ramsey plead guilty to over 200 charges for illegal manufacture, supply and advertising of SARMs and nootropicsOn 25 October 2022, Natural Franchises Pty Ltd pleaded guilty in a Sydney court to over 200 offences of the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989 for the manufacture, supply and advertising of unapproved therapeutic goods.
- NewsFind out about the requirements starting on 1 January 2023 for medicines that are serialised or include a data matrix code.
- Media releasesTGA provisionally approves Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine for use as a booster dose in individuals 12 years and olderOn 19 October 2022, the TGA provisionally approved Moderna's COVID-19 vaccine, SPIKEVAX (elasomeran), for use as a booster dose in individuals aged 12 years and older.
- Media releasesThe TGA has issued two infringement notices totalling $5,328 to a Queensland-based individual for the alleged unlawful use of a prohibited representation and endorsement in advertising a listed complementary medicine.
- NoticesUpdate to GMP approach to overseas manufacturers of medicines and biologicals during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Media releasesTGA provisionally approves Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine, COMIRNATY (tozinameran) for use in children aged 6 months to less than 5 yearsThe TGA has provisionally approved a paediatric dose of Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine, COMIRNATY (tozinameran), for children aged 6 months to less than 5 years
- Media releasesThe TGA has approved the first two nasal combination self-tests (for use at home) that detect both COVID-19 and influenza viral infections in humans.
- Media releasesTGA approves asciminib and faricimab through the Access New Active Substance Work-Sharing Initiative
- Media releasesThe TGA has issued 7 infringement notices totalling $93,240 to Cyclotek Queensland Pty Ltd
- Media releasesTGA provisionally approves Moderna bivalent COVID-19 vaccine for use as a booster dose in adults
- Media releasesTGA's participation in INTERPOL's Operation Pangea, which tackles the trade of illicit and counterfeit therapeutic goods worldwide, led to intercepting more than $2 million of illegally imported products.
- Media releases2San Pty Ltd fined $66,600 for allegedly failing to provide ongoing evidence to support the performance of its COVID-19 rapid antigen testsThe TGA has issued five infringement notices totalling $66,600 to 2San Pty Ltd for allegedly failing to provide information to the TGA to demonstrate the ongoing minimum level of sensitivity of two COVID-19 rapid antigen tests (RATs).