Search our media releases, news, vaccine safety reports, and notices.
You can narrow down the results using the filters
- Safety updatesWhen new safety information for medicines is identified, the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) works with the sponsors to update Product Information (PI) to ensure that health professionals and consumers have access to this information.
- Safety updatesAcellur Dermal Matrix Products used in Breast Reconstruction - clarification on reports of potential higher complication rates.
- Safety updatesThe TGA is aware that, in Europe, atrioventricular blocks have been reported in patients receiving high doses of continuous intravenous infusion of octreotide and in patients receiving bolus octreotide intravenously.
- Safety updatesHealth professionals are advised that the Product Information for pentosan polysulfate sodium has been updated with a warning about potential pigmentary maculopathy, especially after long-term use.
- Safety updatesProduct Information documents for parenteral iron products are currently being updated to include information about fetal bradycardia and Kounis syndrome.
- Safety updatesThe Product Information for nifedipine has been updated to provide new information about the risk of acute pulmonary oedema when used as a tocolytic agent (inhibiting myometrial smooth muscle contractions) for the treatment of preterm labor in pregnancy.